Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where am I starting from?

I've been enrolled in the pre-nursing curriculum at the University of Alaska in Anchorage since last October. I just completed the first semester of this new journey.

I was able to transfer in a large amount of credits from prior journeys and as a result I only have 5 classes (and associated labs for 3 of those) to complete before I can officially apply to the nursing program.

Which is followed by a two year wait as the large number of applicants is slowly absorbed.

I had hoped that I could go part time for another year or so while I continue my present job as a teacher with the state of Alaska, but this seems unlikely. The need for Software developers is weak in this state and I am likely to be out of work starting in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment